Monday, July 15, 2013

Magic, How Does it Work?!

Ever since I was a little girl, I've always watched magicians on television with my family and tried to figure out how they did the things they did. I always knew that it was an illusion and there was a reasonable explanation for all of it, but I just ignored it and chalked it up to magic. It's funner that way.



One of the magicians I grew up watching was David Blaine. The stunts that I liked the best weren't all technically 'magic', rather endurance stunts. But, I don't care, I still thought they were awesome. Being in a block of ice for more than 2 days, buried alive for like a week, being underwater for a week and holding his breath for nearly 8 minutes while he was at it. Incredible.

Then came Criss Angel. David Blaine did a little bit of levitating on his show, but nothing came close to what Criss Angel did. You know, the one where he did the levitation above the pyramid in Las Vegas. You know...


But, I have found a video of a magician in the UK that has just blown my mind. This guy's name is Dynamo. He's like the new Blaine or Angel (but much cuter, which is always a plus). He has a show called Dynamo Magician Impossible that just started airing it's third season on July 11 (Watch Channel). Here's a little sneak peak: In this video he levitates beside a bus through the streets. I don't understand it, I don't want to understand it, I just know that it's awesome. See for yourself:



Seriously, you can't explain that. I SO wish that I could watch his show in the US. Maybe I'll just have to move to Europe. Yeah, that sounds like a plan! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tasha! I've been following your blog for a while, but I don't think I've ever commented! Just stopping by to say hi and that I am nominating you for a Liebster Award! You can check out the details here: http://fivetwentyeightblog.blogspot.com/2013/08/how-to-make-someones-day.html.

    Hope you're having a great week!
    ~ Rachel @ Five Twenty Eight

    ReplyDelete