Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Influenster is Uh-MAZING

A few weeks ago, I joined a little site called Influenster (check out my button on the side over there ->). It's basically a website based on reviews. Reviews of products, reviews of television shows, reviews of restaurants, etc. You take surveys and they kind of get to know you a little bit. Along the way, sometimes you will get a change to get a "Vox Box" which is a package full of free product samples and it's your job to use them and review them! Well, this holiday season I got the chance to get my very own Vox Box and I jumped at the opportunity. Let me show you all of the awesome things that I got! 

First Up: The Goody Quickstyle Hair Brush
From the Website: "Go from wet to beautifully styled hair faster than ever! Super absorbent microfiber bristles remove 30% of water as you style."
I'm not gonna lie: I really wanted one of these, but I wasn't sure that it would do what it says so I put off buying it. I was pretty excited to find this in my box! I have abnormally thick hair and it's usually like pulling teeth trying to get it to look half good without having to use the straightener. I used this brush and it was actually pretty good. I thought my hair would get static-y while using it, but it didn't. It also has the holes on the back so the air can blow past the hair, making it less frizzy as you dry. The only down-side is that you have to maintain the brush. You have to kind of dry and re-fluff it after you use it. All-in-all, though,  it ain't too shabby!



I believe that I have confessed this before, but I have had acrylic nails since I was 17. So, I wasn't exactly sure how I felt about these when they first came out and I never cared to buy any. I realized when I got them in my box that you can use these on your toes. Now, I'm not quite sure why my brain never made that realization before this, but it didn't. I plan to use these as soon as we are gonna have flip-flop weather for about 10 days in a row. We came close this week, but no cigar. First impression: I think I'm going to like them. I've always hated painting my toe nails. :)



I am not really a fan of oatmeal, I'm not gonna lie. I've been scared to try this. It looks good from the photo, and I guess if you're gonna have oatmeal, it might as well be Quaker, right? Has anyone else tried this? I feel like if I like it, it would be great to take to work in the morning for breakfast. I need to be talked out of my fear for oatmeal. I really do. Help me out! 

From the website: "EBOOST is a boost that does more.  It’s a mood boost, focus boost, natural boost, a no-crash boost that also supports the normal function of the immune system."

You can get a 20 pack of this stuff for $28 from their website. I love Crystal Lite packets, so I'm pretty pumped to try this. I love little packets of goodness meant to be added to water. I don't know why they make me so happy, but they do. The only bad side: I don't have any bottled water at the moment! Boo! 


From the Website: "NYC New York Color Liquid Lip Shine is getting headlines with seriously high-drama color at a seriously low price. Pure pigments give a 3-D effect that’s off-the-charts glossy."
$2.49. Yeah. I know. And guess what? It's awesome. I took this bad boy out to the bar last weekend and I really enjoyed it. It didn't feel thick like most lip glosses and it wasn't as sticky either. Also, the name of this shade? Nude York City. Adorable. I love it. SO happy it was in my box!

Last but certainly not least was a little something that I can share with ya'll! Courtesy of Sole Society, you can take $25 of off your purchase and it's good until the end of the month. Here's the code: INFLUENSTER25. Now go order some shoes! 

And sign up with Influenster! It's awesome! 

No comments:

Post a Comment