Sunday, February 3, 2013

Best. Weekend. Ever.

I had an incredible weekend! Wanna hear about it? OF COURSE you do! 

Friday started out like any other day: at work. This week just happened to be one of the weeks that we had lunch together as a company on Friday. So, there's a good start right there. After eating lunch, I finished up what I had to do at work and rushed home to my man. It was date night! We went out to First Friday in Downtown Valdosta and had a great time! We ate dinner at Bleu Pub (best burgers ever!) and walked around to all of the shops to kill a little time before coming back home. 

We got home pretty early on Friday night so we got a GOOD night's sleep that night and woke up the next morning nice and refreshed. We went to the Verizon store because it was time for my upgrade! Ya'll, Hubs bought me an iPhone 5 and I am in love. L-O-V-E. I never thought that I would be an "Apple" girl, but OMG, this thing is SA-WEET! Hubs was even super nice and bought me this cover: 
It's silver glitter! How perfect! He's even played with it so much that I think he's gonna get one too! Facetime alone is worth it! I got to see my brother's puppy dog, Si, do some tricks yesterday! It was pretty neat! Also, selfies are SO much easier now! Bahaha!

After the fun of getting a new phone, the day wasn't even over yet! It was only 11am! Saturday, the Braves Caravan came through Valdosta and you better believe that I was in that line! For those of you that aren't familiar with Braves Caravan: every year before Spring Training, Braves players (current and former) start having autograph signings around the Southeast, mostly in Georgia. It lasts for about 12 days and it's pretty cool to get to meet the players. This year was the first year that they came to Valdosta. 



We had the pleasure of meeting (from closest to furthest) Eddie Perez (former catcher, current bullpen coach), Greg Walker (hitting coach), Phil FREAKING Niekro (knuckleballer extraordinaire), Ryan Klesko (LF and 1B - played for the Braves when we won the '95 World Series), David Hale (MS Braves pitcher), and Joe Simpson (Current Atlanta Braves broadcaster). We got 2 baseballs signed by everyone and we are now proud owners of this: 


It's beautiful, isn't it? Phil told me that this photo was taken on his last day in a Braves uniform. How cool! We're like BFFs now. I really need to buy a frame for this but until I do, it's in a safe place, away from all harm. Also at the Braves Caravan this happened: 


That's the Braves mascot "Homer", since we really can't have Chief Noc-a-Homa anymore because it's apparently politically incorrect while Washington is prancing around with the "Redskins" as their mascot and the Cleveland Indians have "Chief Wahoo". BUT, that's a soap box I will step on at another time. :) I did manage to get 2 free shirts and a koozie while I was standing in line! Can't beat free! 

That brings us to today. Superbowl Sunday. I've been mentally preparing myself for incredible amounts of greasy and sugar-packed foods to be consumed later by turning on 90's on 9 while cleaning and cooking. By cleaning I mean wiping up the mess I make while I'm cooking and by cooking I mean throwing some meatballs in the crockpot and mixing up some spinach dip and putting it in the fridge... ALRIGHT, so I'm being lazy. I admit it. Whatever. It's Sunday. Day of Rest, amirite? 

I'm pretty excited for a night of football, friends and funny commercials. Who wouldn't love that? For now, back to my 90's music. 

How was your weekend? 

2 comments:

  1. Um, I'm obsessed with your phone case. So cute! I love, love, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend.

    Your phone case is awesome.

    I think you should be proud that Atalanta is leading the way in no longer having groups of people as mascots. My high school mascot was the "Indian" and it always felt wrong to me.

    Enjoy Superbowl Sunday.

    ReplyDelete