Thursday, March 14, 2013

Breakfast Casserole with Country Gravy!

A few days (weeks?) ago I wrote about my favorite breakfast food. I said that it was breakfast casserole and then proceeded to inform everyone that I have a recipe that includes country gravy. There seemed to be some interest in the recipe, so I made it the other day, and I'm ready to share! Hope you're ready too! Please forgive my iPhone photos! It's the best I can do. 

Here's your ingredients list:

  • 1 can refrigerated Crescent/croissant rolls 
  • 1 lb sausage (I LOVE Jimmy Dean Hot!)
  • 6 eggs
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 tsp pepper (or more, if you like it!)
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I use sharp cheddar)
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1 package white gravy mix
Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.

As many, many, many other recipes start, the first step is to brown and drain the sausage! 


While you're waiting for your sausage to cook, pop open that canister of Crescent rolls - cringe a little before it actually pops open - and line the bottom of your GREASED casserole dish with the dough. I made sure to press all of the seams together also. I have no idea if this made a difference or not, but it looked prettier in the dish. :)


When the sausage is browned and drain, spread it evenly over your dough in your casserole dish.


Next, mix the gravy mix and however much water it needs according to the package. I just measured the water in the measuring cup and mixed it in there. One less dish to worry about! 


Now, pour that country gravy all over that sausage! Looking good, huh?


After that, in a separate bowl, scramble your eggs and mix in your cheese, milk, and however much pepper you want. Once it's good and mixed, pour it over the dish. If you're using hot sausage, you may not want to add too-too much pepper. It gets a little spicy! (Disclaimer: I don't really do spicy!)


Simple enough: Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350. 


Finally, let it cool and enjoy! It's so scrumptious! Seriously, I could eat this every day! Hope you like it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment