Tuesday, December 4, 2012

25 for 25

So, I turned 25 on Saturday. I've done a lot with my life so far. I'm pretty happy about the things that I've been able to accomplish and I want to make a list of 25 more things that I would like to accomplish. Maybe not this year, maybe not this decade, but certainly before I leave this wonderful earth. Here's my list! 

  1. Be a parent. I know that right now is not the best time for that, but one day it will be and until then, I will live vicariously through all of my parent friends. 
  2. Go on a vacation to a state that doesn't border Georgia. I just realized that every vacation that George and I have been on has been to one of the states bordering Georgia. I LOVE the states that border Georgia, but I think it's time to venture out. 
  3. Make my garage the craft/work station that I've always wanted. The stuff is there. I just have to do it.
  4. Buy George a new car. 
  5. Be in a wedding. Okay, who's it gonna be?!
  6. Go on a cruise. We've been on one before, but it just doesn't count. At all. 
  7. Go to another continent. That would just be amazing. 
  8. Bake more. (Someone is getting a stand mixer for Christmas!)
  9. Cook more. I need the practice. I'm awful at cooking. I'm also awful at keeping my kitchen stocked. 
  10. Finish catching up on Breaking Bad. I just have to. It's killing me. 
  11. Work out more. Let's face it - it's gonna be on every list I make from now until forever. 
  12. Organize my closet. Mainly my shoes. They are leaking into other parts of the house. Lord help me. 
  13. Pay off our credit cards. PLEASE LET THIS HAPPEN SOON. It's not like we have a ton of debt, but just having it there, hanging over your head is enough to make you crazy.
  14. Fix my front 4 teeth. They are crooked enough to bother me.
  15. Figure out what to do with my backyard situation. 
  16. Watch George graduate. (This one is happening soon and I'm SO excited and so proud!!)
  17. Work on my aim and upgrade to a bigger caliber gun. George has been hounding me about it so I'm gonna do my best. 
  18. Visit my brother and his soon-to-be (like in 18 days!) wife. Of all the times he's come down here, I've never come up there. This must happen. 
  19. Re-do the guest bedroom. I'm still not certain if I actually want to do this or not. 
  20. Make a real effort to look "nice" everyday. Sometimes I just feel better when I look nicer, so we'll give this a go. Who doesn't like looking cute, anyways? 
  21. Have more "lazy-days".
  22. Take Kimber on more walks. She deserves it. 
  23. Grow my hair out. I try every year. 2 years ago it was longer than I ever remember it being. Time to break the record. 
  24. Watch the Falcons win a Superbowl, the Braves win the World Series, and the Dawgs to win a BCS Championship. These are completely out of my hands but it would be awesome if it actually happened.
  25. Paint more. I can never paint enough.

That was much harder to get through than I thought it would be. But then again, I thought I would never get through these past 25 years either. I guess I'll check back in when I'm 30. Yikes!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey sweet friend! I'm loving your list. Just wanted you to know that I nominated you for the Liebster award. You can head over to my blog to see what it's all about. :)

    ReplyDelete