Thursday, December 13, 2012

Honorary Elf, Checking In

It's no secret that Christmas is my favorite holiday. Last year I got to decorate my house for the very first time and I loved every minute of it. I also have a habit of shopping not only on Black Friday, but the Day After Christmas too! So many good deals are happening on Christmas stuff the day after. Everyone needs to check them out! That being said, Last year I purchased A BUNCH of stuff for my house after Christmas and it has all finally made it's way into the spotlight! Also, please bear with my pictures, I've asked for a camera for Christmas, I know how bad this is. :)
These are my pillows. Santa, Frosty and a pair of Let It Snow Pillows. All purchased after Christmas. These were at Kohls, which probably means they were 60-75% off. I had to get 2 Santa's because someone decided that they liked Santa's left hand so much that they would eat it. 

This is sitting on my small table by the kennel. I got the little snowman and all of the things sticking out at Michaels. I love that store. Seriously. They are stuck in 3 mini-vases that I found at Pier 1 for like $5. Perfect.

Here are my stockings. We don't have a fireplace in the living room, so I hang the stockings from the window ledges. It works since we don't actually use the stockings. I got the stocking hangers from Target after Christmas for about $6. They came in a 4-pack. I felt like that was a steal!

I have a shelf that I decorate for every holiday. It's above our coat rack, since there is no room for a hall tree. I love letters. Especially 'L's for obvious reasons. You can't really tell from this picture, but it's a tree that I got from Big Lots ($3) and a bunch of decorative presents that I got from various stores. One is literally a gift bag with tissue paper in it, leftover from Christmas' past. 

This is sitting in my "entryway". I made that ornament hanger last year from an old frame I found at Hobby Lobby and some command hooks I stuck to the back. All of the little figurines are from Pier 1, after Christmas. See a pattern yet? PS, that was our Christmas card from last year. It says "Santa? We know him!"

We have a Georgia room, so of course we had to have Georgia themed decor. My mom bought these. She's so sweet. :) I believe they came from Belk clearance. 


My tree. This is the first year I did the ribbon thing. I also had to make a new bow because the one from last year was looking a little sad. All of our presents match because I'm THAT kind of crazy. 

My wreath I made for the new house. Last year I didn't really have time to make a new Christmas wreath and it made me very sad. This year I made the time and I love it! All-in-all about $15 to make it yourself. 

This is where all of my money went this year. I didn't mean for it to happen that way, but I got really excited when I realized that I could do place settings for my dining room table! I bought all of the stuff in pieces, so it didn't really seem like all that much until I tallied the receipts. The placemats were $8 for 4 at Ross. I got the 4 chargers and 4 snowflake placemats at WalMart for $12 total. The red plates I got at Target for $2.50/ea (but I needed some new plates anyways, so these will be used all year), and the Santa plates are where I strayed. The MINUTE I saw these plates on Pier1.com I had to have them. They were $7/ea. But, they were so stinkin' cute that I just couldn't resist. I feel like they make the whole table, though! So, all in all it was $15 per place setting. I guess it's not that bad, but I don't think I would have bought it all had it been bundled together. Know what I mean? 

What are your decorations like? Link-Up with me and Thrifty Decor Chick for the Holiday Home Link Party!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the stockings on the window ledges! All your decorations are so cute - I bet your house feels like a winter wonderland!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It really does feel Christmas-y! I wouldn't have it any other way!

      Delete
  2. I love your decorations. Especially the place settings! So cute!

    ReplyDelete