Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Oh How Pinteresting!

Because I'm relatively new to the blogging world, I really haven't shown any of my crafty things that I love to do. Yesterday I found a great Link-Up to do just that! Enter:


My first post will catch you all up on the fun pins that I've tried out over the past year or so. A lot of times I just look at a picture of something then figure out how to do it on my own. I hope you forgive me if the link to the original pin doesn't have instructions! 

Original Pin
This was my first ever pin. I don't think I will be doing another one of these. It took way too long and I didn't really like how it turned out. I ended up making another UGA wreath (that I will show in just a sec) that I liked much better. This was one of the most expensive wreaths I've ever made. I don't think it was worth it.

Original Pin
I saw this pin and I knew I had to do something like it, but not exactly it. I had a bachelorette party coming up for one of my girlfriends and I knew exactly what to do. Everyone got one of these! They were so easy and turned out fantastic! I still use mine every now and then. 

Original Pin
This is one of my favorite crafts from Pinterest. It was easy, cheap and turned out great! The only downside was that it took quite a long time. Mostly because I had to hand-cut each of the strips of tulle. This is the point where I really started to love everything about Pinterest. 

Original Pin
My husband and I like to play this really embarrassing game in our toilet room. Every time we empty a toilet paper roll, we stack it on top of the huge pile of other empty toilet paper rolls to see how high we can get it before it tumbles. It's hilarious, yet so so sad. I saw this pin and just so happened to have a crap-ton on toilet paper rolls in a nice pyramid in our bathroom so off I went. I painted the strips silver after I cut them and before I glued them together. Then, I decided that it would look better (AND match our bedroom) if I put it on a black canvas. So, I did. It looks great!

Original Pin
I really like how this one turned out. If I had to go back and change one thing, I would definitely leave off the star thing that I hung in the middle of the wreath. It's faded now and I'm going to have to cut it off. It looked good for a little while, but not really worth the $2 I paid for it... :)

Original Pin
These are my favorite kinds of wreaths to make. I'm thinking about making them and selling them because I like to make them so much and they are SO cute. I've almost got all of my teams covered: Braves Baseball and Georgia Football. All I need is Falcons Football and maybe a NASCAR one if I'm feeling feisty. You guys have no idea how much I love making these. Even typing this now is making me want to do a Valentines wreath like these. I'm trying not to though because I want it to be different! 

I've gotten out of the arts-n-crafts groove lately but I think this has given me the motivation to get off of my butt and make something! What have you pinned lately?

3 comments:

  1. My, my. Aren't you crafty!!!! We should have taken pics of the pumpkin cake roll thing......lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "thing" would be the key word there. That thing sure was delicious though!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness gracious...your wreaths are darling! I especially love that last one. Very talented!

    ReplyDelete